PCB Chief vows to get compensation from New Zealand Cricket

0
326
PCB Chief Rameez Raja has slammed western block for destabilising cricket in Pakistan. Photo Courtesy: The Dawn
PCB Chief Rameez Raja has slammed western block for destabilising cricket in Pakistan. Photo Courtesy: The Dawn.

Pakistan Cricket Board chief Ramiz Raja is determined to get compensation from New Zealand Cricket for abandoning the tour. New Zealand had last week abandoned the white ball series in Pakistan and returned home, citing security concerns.

or the financial loss the board suffered after New Zealand cancelled their tour of Pakistan.

“Pakistan has initiated formal correspondence with New Zealand seeking compensation for losses relating to the abandonment of the tour and I will get it done,” Rameez had said in a video statement.

England’s withdrawal disappointed him a lot but, it was quite expected as the western bloc unites in an attempt to back each other, unfortunately, added the PCB Chief, who is also a former captain of the Pakistan team.

Also Read:- Big blow to Pakistan cricket; England calls off proposed tour

NZC DROPS HINT TO COMPENSATE PCB

New Zealand Cricket chief David White has hinted about a possible compensatory consideration for the Pakistan Cricket Board. White has said that the NZC can think about compensating the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for the financial losses it suffered after the Kiwis abandoned the Pakistan tour last week.

“At the moment, to speak about the New Zealand touring Pakistan again will be premature,” he said. “Whether it is Pakistan or England (where the team visits), reviewing the security arrangements is the most important step,” he added.

The NZC Chief said that despite the tour getting cancelled, the NZC can still enjoy cordial relations with the PCB. “New Zealand Cricket can understand how hurt Pakistani fans are,” he expressed.

Last week, PCB chairman Ramiz Raja had slammed the Kiwi cricket board for pulling out of the series at the last minute on Friday. The incident happened just few minutes before the first of the three ODIs in Rawalpindi when NZC decided to pull out citing security concerns.

Later, the PCB released a statement saying that the NZC was “unilaterally suspending” the tour. On the other hand, Raja warned that the matter will be taken up before the International Cricket Council (ICC) very soon.

More Read:- IPL : BCCI, extend timelines for new teams’ tender process